Sunday 10 February 2008

Teachers, Uncles and Beer

I spoke at a meeting of SLANOPE this week - I think it stands for the Scottish Network of PE Teachers. I did a short presentation on Archery and showed a short film about GB competing on the world stage. The idea was really to see if there was an interest in providing advice on the introduction into schools.

They were a great audience and nice people individually. However, they asked some searching questions about what was the educational rationale which I was not really prepared for. I guess that there is a lesson to be learned there.

I also had the pleasure of fixing the computer of the other half's Uncle Willie. Getting it working was straightforward, if not a little time consuming, as all I had to do was put in a few passwords correctly (which, of course, he swore he had done) and sort the configuration.

In gratitude, he took us out for lunch, which was very welcome, and made a special gesture of giving me three cans of Carlsberg. He remarked that he had bought them originally for the slugs, which had not been as many this year (hence the surplus), and that he was sure that being 4 months past their date would be OK.

It's nice to be appreciated!

No comments: