Sunday 22 June 2008

It's the summer

Over the last two months, I have been very silent but things have been happening.

I had a three and a half week holiday, during which I did very little actual work (paid or not) - I think this is a sign of age since I was 60 this year. The periods on either side of that were flanked by some pretty intense work activity (the paid as well as the unpaid).

I've just come out of that and so have now the time to post again. I guess that over the next few weeks I'll be revisiting the immediate past, so, if you don't like flashbacks, you have been warned.

It is worth saying something about the SAA logo competition. There are 19 entries which alone is a good sign. We've set up a process to do two things: make sure that the logos are fit for purpose by asking people whether they can be used for badges, on letters, on the web site and so on; and we've also asked the membership for their input. The SAA National Council has asked for more opportunities to be given for people to vote and so a spreadsheet has gone out to all club secretaries in addition to the opportunity to vote through the web site. Pass the word on!

Well that is enough for this week. See you next.

No comments: